What is a CDC ?
The fruit of France’s cultural decentralization, the CDCs help organize France’s choreographic scene along with the 19 Centres Chorégraphiques Nationaux (CCN) and the Centre National de la Danse (CND). Underwritten by the French state and local governments throughout the country, these extraordinary tools have the following mission:
- Support for researching and creating new works, talent scouting and guidance for promising new artists.
- Bringing performances to audiences in consultation with venues and theaters throughout the country.
- Cultural and educational actions, and public relations.
- Development of local partnerships and network-wide policies.
- Training and placement of dance professionals.
Today there are 12 Centers for Choreographic Development.